dynacart Privacy Notice (Last Updated 1 May 2020)
1. dynacart is an online multi category retailer that is best known for selling designer items at discounted prices. The company headquarters are based at dynacart HQ, 2 Geraldu Farrugia St, Malta.
2. This privacy notice provides information about the personal data we process as a data controller.
What personal data do we process?
3. The personal information we process include:
- Computer IP address
- Email addresses
- Delivery addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Last four digits of debit or credit card numbers
- Billing addresses
Why do we process these personal data and what is the legal basis for doing so?
4. In order to browse the dynacart website and to make a purchase, you need to register with us and open a secure account. As part of the registration process, you are required to provide your name and gender, and to create a password. Your computer IP address is recorded so as to confirm the date and time of registration, and when your email preferences were set and changed.
5. This information is processed because it is in the legitimate interests of our business to do so. We need this information in order to run your account.
6. If you go on to make a purchase, you are required to provide your billing and delivery addresses, together with your debit or credit card number. These personal data are saved in your online account, as are the last four digits of the number on your bank card, if you choose to save your card details. This information is processed in anticipation of the contract for sale and in performance of the contract between us.
7. Promotional emails notifying you of sales and discounts are sent when you have given consent to this in your online account. This consent may be easily withdrawn at any time by altering the settings in your account, or hitting the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the email.
Whom do we collect personal data from and whom do we share it with?
8. The personal data we collect comes directly from you.
9. We share your personal data with the following organizations because it is in our legitimate interests to do so in order to run our business:
- Amazon Web Services for website hosting;
- Atlassian Jira and Confluence, software used for bug/issue tracking and project management;
- Avora, for reporting and data analytics;
- Desk.com and Zoho Desk who provide online help desk platforms which our customer service team and GFM use to log and manage customer inquiries; Emarsys, who deliver the marketing communications to our customers and members;
- GFM who provide telephony and customer support services on our behalf; LiveChat so that customers can communicate directly with our customer service team;
- Microsoft Outlook 365 and SendGrid, software used for sending and receiving emails; Prism/Whistl for warehousing, delivery of purchases to customers and authorising returns.;
- Sedcom for IT support; Trustpilot, a service that allows customers to review business performance;
- Wilder and Co for auditing and accounting purposes;
- Where suppliers of products we sell on our website manage their own delivery of items, we share your personal information with them in order to perform our contract with you. A list of these suppliers may be obtained from our data protection lead.
10. Data is shared with Braintree and PayPal so that payment can be made and the contract for sale concluded.
11. Where you consent, personal information is shared with Mention Me which provides a friend referral system on our behalf.
12. We also share personal information with Visions, an IT support and development company based in India. We share this information as it is in our legitimate interests so as to maintain and improve the functionality of our website.
14. Except where the cookies are necessary for the operation of the website, the completion of a purchase, or the provision of security, we obtain your consent before using cookies.
They enable the sharing of information with:
- Emarsys, Google Analytics and Avora for tracking and reporting on your visit to our website;
- Google, Kenshoo, Pinterest, Snapchat, Bing and Facebook for advertising purposes to reach potential and/or existing customers and members. If you visit our website you might see dynacart advertisements delivered through the above mentioned platforms.
- Commission Junction and Rakuten, affiliate platforms used by DYNACART, to ensure that the sales are successfully tracked and the correct amount of sales commission is paid to affiliate partners.
How long do we keep personal data for?
15. Personal data is retained for six months from the last log in to the person’s registered account (or from the creation of the account where there have been no subsequent log ins), except where the data is required for auditing and accounting purposes. Any personal data required for these purposes is retained for six years.
16. We are committed to protecting your rights to privacy. They include:
- Right to be informed about what we do with your personal data;
- Right to have a copy of all the personal information we process about you;
- Right to rectification of any inaccurate data we process, and to add to the information we hold about you if it is incomplete;
- Right to be forgotten and your personal data destroyed;
- Right to restrict or “block” the processing of your personal data;
- Right to object to the processing we carry out based on our legitimate interest;
- Right to data portability;
- Rights in relation to profiling and automated decision making.
Registered address: dynacart HQ, 2 Geraldu Farrugia St, Malta
e-mail address: email@example.com